Friday, January 14, 2011

Trying to Live a Fabulous Life

I am a firm advocate of living through clothes. My personality shines through my style. I rarely dress up as often as I would like to. But when I do, I like to express my dream and aspirations through what I wear. This is probably why I enjoy shopping so much. The clothes that I buy and the looks that I create help me picture the life that I want to live.

I have recently been invited to go to a concert at the Kennedy Center performed by the National Symphony Orchestra. My friend Fogel and I have decided that we were going to have a "Fogel and Emma Fancy Day" which requires him to be in a three-piece suit and me in a dress. Thus, an excuse to go shopping!

Here's what I bought.

The lighting is pretty bad but my brother was soo bad at taking pictures that I just took the best ones out of the batch. But anyways, this is actually a nice, flow-y violet dress.
It has a Grecian feel to the design which is the reason why I love it so much. A perfect dress for a "mature culture enthusiast"!

On top of that, I bought a pair of the most beautiful pair of heels that I have ever gotten a chance to wear. It's a violet suede which is my favorite kind of fabric when it comes to shoes. And it's only $50 at full price!

And lastly, I have found the perfect one-shoulder dress. I have been told that I look exceptionally well in red. And I think this dress is the proof. The belt around my waist gives the look a whole other dimension while also distracting viewers from my pudge. (Don't lie, we all have one.)
These various outfits make me feel adventurous and daring, but most importantly of all, they make me feel beautiful inside and out. So I hope that you guys all have that sense of adventure when wearing clothes and let your life be reflected in your style.

3 comments:

  1. Oooooh, so pretty! I like the first one a bit more than the second, but I'm also not a huge fan of one-shoulder dresses. But they both look really nice on you. And you don't have any pudge, silly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I love the first dress! Sooooo pretty! And the shoes! Like, LOVE it. And as for the second, it's okay to me, but that's sort of as Beth said. I'm not a huge fan of one-shoulder dresses, I guess more specifically ones with puffy shoulders =P But they're nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the purple dress for only $20 at Macy's! So perfect for a Fancy Day. I'm glad you liked the shoes, Charlotte. I'll take you to the shoe store when you get back =) As for the red dress, I don't know what you guys are talking about. I'm more in love with that dress than any other dresses that I own. lol. It's so perfect to go clubbing in and it's so trendy looking.

    ReplyDelete